31 July 2009

All in their place

10AM

I went up to replace the 24-hr timer with a 7-day timer on the receiver charger. Now it charges on only Mon and Thur from 12am to 4am. I also did a radio survey of the turts and they were in their usual places. #2 and 4 were a little tricky because of rock bounce. I didn't want to get too close because they're all probably estivating by now so no visuals.

I did not see much outside of a few birds, dozens of bugs and one lizard. Also saw some fresh scat on the trail from the barracks to the pond (likely from a small mammal ie. rabbit or squirrel). The ER pond is completely dried with the upper alluvial cracked and the HP swale is also dried up, though not as desolate. There was also less disturbance to the flora, leading me to believe there is less herd presence within OM.

I had to return my sister's camera so no pics. I'll go back up next week and stick to the "once a week" pattern.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home