30 June 2009

It was a dark and lonely night

Tues 12am shift

All turts in previous locations. The stream is all but dried up in OM. Big tree fell close to #5 but it was too dark for me to determine a cause. It's now providing more protection while weakening the radio signal. There was also a bobcat shadowing me so I did not want to stay any longer than necessary out there.

I also need to warn everyone about the receiver and overcharging. When I pulled it out, the batteries were REALLY hot. The machine worked fine but after my shift I checked out the instruction manual and it says not to charge for more than 12 hours at a time. When I left, I did not plug in the receiver to the charger because the last thing we need are explosive burning batteries inside the tote. This was not a problem when we had people coming in everyday.

The next time I'm up (probably Thur), I'll plug the charger into a timer of mine so it will run for a few hours and then shut off automatically. Hopefully this will prevent the overcharging/heating issue.

1 Comments:

At June 30, 2009 at 8:02 AM , Blogger Janeothejungle said...

Good Call on the receiver. I imagine the FS would be a bit peeved if we burned down their historic building. Now that the water is gone from OM, I have to wonder if those turts will shift position again, or just ride it out at this point.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home