02 July 2009

Everything in their place

Thur 11am shift

Checked on all the turts and they were where they should be. The area around #3 looked more troddened/mowed down. Flag was also pulled so I replaced it.

I also plugged in the charger into my timer so now the receiver will be charging for only 6 hours a day. Hopefully, nothing catastrophic happens.

I did see a flock of birds in OM... wasn't sure if they were pheasants or wild turkeys. They were big, long tail feathers, dark grey and ran when they heard me coming. First time I've seen them at SJER.

EDIT:
After looking at a few pics, I'm thinking were probably wild turkeys.

2 Comments:

At July 3, 2009 at 3:55 PM , Blogger Janeothejungle said...

Gotta start working on your bird calls next... Nice job Steven. I'm heading up in the morning with Steph, so we'll get a vis on turt1. Any water still in the HP swale?

 
At July 4, 2009 at 12:42 AM , Blogger Steven said...

By the time you read this, you'll already know but no, the HP water was gone during my last sweep. Only the ER has any sort of "water" left and it's resembling a spinach green complexion.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home