05 May 2009

Froggy No Es Aqui



Well, apparently at least 3 large adult bullfrogs have suddenly showed up in the turt reservoir. No idea where they came from but I have a pretty good idea of where they are going.... My accomplice (Kim) and I took the 5am shift and it was mostly quiet. We saw the little ewok perched up high in a different tree. He's looking less and less like a baby as his fluffy legs (aka the butt ruffle) feather out.

Turts are tucked up in their watery beds and number 6 is still producing a high pitched whine. Commando frog assassination mission will be convening this eve at the usual place and time. Froggy needs to go.

4 Comments:

At May 5, 2009 at 7:27 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

For the record, this is the first time that I had heard the "bee bee" gun shots and seen, in person, the dead, nasty monster...

I'll admit, I was totally excited and enamored with Kat's ability and aggression to keep the babies alive. Rock on guys!

 
At May 6, 2009 at 8:32 PM , Blogger Steven said...

Is that a stock photo or are you bagging the bulls after each kill now?

 
At May 7, 2009 at 12:42 AM , Blogger Janeothejungle said...

We always take the adults, so we can check out stomach contents later on (ie any baby turts in the gut). Especially since these 3 bulls just 'magically' appeared in the turtle reservoir.....

 
At May 7, 2009 at 9:45 AM , Blogger Steven said...

Ah, I didn't recall recovering any bodies from the western reservoir when I was on death duty. A pity there's no budget for tagging bullfrogs. Theoretically could track their whereabouts through stable isotopes (C:N) I suppose, but if wishes were horses and money grew on trees...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home