21 April 2009

Turtle Soup




It's Official. All 8 Tagged Turts are hobnobbing in the reservoir. Our brush burrowed girl (turt2) apparently made the trip back last night or this morning and was the hit of the party (if the number of males chasing her is any indication). I also had the distinct pleasure of seeing a wee tiny hatchling (overwinterer from last year) basking on a floating cow pie under the willow. and I mean Teeny Tiny little booger. Chip was caught bumping uglies with a girl (turt5) in the shallows and mamma mallard and her 7 wee duckletts were hanging out under the willow with the baby turt. On my way out I though I saw another teeny turtle head in the weedage, but it turned out to be this little bugger (a baby T. couchii, awwwwwwww). So, in other words, it was a good baby day.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home