19 May 2009

Mosquitos - 1,093; Kat - 0

Well, our girl (turt1) has not moved from the poison oak thicket where we three last saw her. I ran a signal on her every 2 hours (staying well away) since 8pm and looked for a visual at midnight and then at 4:15am. She hasn't moved an inch, tucked up in her shell. She seems to be snoozing away and hasn't made any new scrapes that I could see. The mosquitoes found me (sleeping in the back of the truck) at around 2am, so I now look a bit like I have the chicken pox.

KP is going to check the nesting girls signal around 7am and RGO is going to have a look around 11am, then I'll head back up to keep the afternoon/evening watch again.

At my 1am full survey, all the girls were right where RGO and KP left them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home