11 June 2009

My First Solo Op

Thursday 5am shift

All turts in previous locations, though I spent about 20 minutes playing with bounce from #3 and #5. Turt1 was still in HP under the eucalyptus tree. Turt3 by the outpost past the shack and barrack. Turt7 still in the poison thicket. Turt4 was in the center of the pond so I guess that's slightly news breaking (ok, maybe not). Turt5 was in upper ER towards OM, right where the flag was near the fence. Turt2 was still in her hole by the stream in OM.

I couldn't find the GPS or the 2nd receiver (not necessary but I wanted to note it was missing). I emailed Kat and Rodney, and here's a reminder that whoever has the next shift needs to bring more blank data sheets. I used the last one.

Outside of turtles, I saw a Hefner-load of rabbits hopping and scrambling about. I was surprised to NOT get eaten alive by insects this time out. Maybe all that garlic is working after all?

2 Comments:

At June 11, 2009 at 6:58 PM , Blogger Janeothejungle said...

Wow. So Turt 5 really is returning to the fold? We're going to have to throw up a 'turtle crossing' sign in that area....

 
At June 11, 2009 at 7:44 PM , Blogger Steven said...

Turt 5 likes water that doesn't look like chocolate milk, I guess. Can't blame her. That pond looks dangerous.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home